Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Next Walking Dead

     Everyone nowadays have a smart phone. It's entertaining and super fun to use because you can listen to music and play games and communicate with your friends. You can download apps of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Snapchat. These are the ways people these days communicate and some may say that it makes communication worse but with the youth these days sometimes it would make their way of communication better. Through cellphones and messaging apps, kids these days talk about what's going on in their life and plan fun events with long lost friends. For me, I prefer texting with certain people because I get triggered by a lot of things that affect my feelings and it makes the way I talk a little difficult to understand. Most adults do not see how the youth today are different than them so they think that phones are frying our brains. It all depends on how we use them so we shouldn't judge those who are always on their phone.
    At my school, we are allowed to use our phones most of the times. The times that we cannot use them are during seminars and of course tests, and that is completely reasonable. Those are times where we should be focusing on the content that we are suppose to be learning. Since our school is not really supervised as much, students could be on their phone texting, playing games or just staring at the screen..who knows? But most of us know our limits because we want to see success in our future and being distracted by our phones will not help us. Sometimes it would be beneficial during school because I would have to search something up other wise it is a distraction. I definitely know my limit which is important to me because I want what is good for me, if people want to just focus on social media then that is on them, not me.
    I really enjoy having a phone because I have freedom, for example,  I would be able to go out more during my free time since I could easily contact my parents letting them know where I am and what time I would be arriving home. There are certain purposes for phones that are useful and that is what I normally use my phone for. If someone tells me to get off my phone, then of course I would obey them and pay more attention because I know that my phone is not first priority and I do not want to become a zombie that lives in the dark only staring at a screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment