From what I've seen, only my dad watches T.V. in my family and he cancelled a lot of the channels that none of us watch anymore. I used to flip through 900 different channels but now, there's only like 100. In the next few years, my parents could possibly just take out the cable box and have the regular, basic channels. When I asked my parents about Netflix, my mom knows how to use it, but my dad has absolutely no clue, so from there I have an idea that many other adults don't know how either. If me or any of my siblings show him how to use a program like Netflix, no one would be using the T.V anymore. Both my parents have smart technology and social media (just Facebook but it keeps them updated) to check local and world news. My mom is beginning to just use the T.V. for Netflix or YouTube, because she doesn't like the programs on T.V. YouTube is a great site for just about any video to every video. I personally understand why she prefers it because YouTube has much more than a T.V. It has original videos, lots of music, tutorials and much more, i can never find that on my T.V. So I can say that the new programs are slowly started to get to the older audience now.In the next couple of decades, I believe that T.V. will eventually die out because of all the new technology and programs we have. T.V has a lot of downsides that can't compare to YouTube or Netflix.or other programs. Those dreaded commercials are the worse. The one new episode a week are stressful and the late night episodes make me sleepy. T.V. is dying.
I have had a similar time of it! My mom eventually got tired of paying a lot for the extensive cable subscription we were getting, so we just cut down to basic cable. Personally... I don't even watch TV. I just leave it on when I'm home alone so I have some background noise. Actually, I do watch The Simpsons every night at 9 on JoyTV, and King of the Hill is on at 10. That's about it, though! My mom's obsessed with Netflix... it's like she didn't change the amount of TV shows she was watching, just the medium she was using to watch it. My dad got rid of cable TV altogether at his house, and has one of those Chinese netflix boxes.
ReplyDelete